Business Developer - Off Shore (Energy & Industry Team)
What's the role?
We’re looking for vibrant, creative and persistent business developer to join our Energy & Industry team to kick start their career in a rewarding, high-performing, international company. This role specializes in our offshore segment which covers owners, EPCs and yards of FPSO, Oil & gas platforms and Offshore Wind projects, creating sustainable value creation for both our customers and Hilti..
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
Develop local and global accounts (Owners, Top Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) firms and top local contractors) operating in the Energy and Industrial (E&I) Business (including oil and gas, power, industry) to achieve long-term relationship
Develop specifications for the accounts’ projects and Hilti’s products & solutions placement in standards & best practices documents
Accountable for sales development (direct and/or indirect) through specifying Hilti systems and application solutions in all relevant projects of the assigned accounts
Ensure sales revenue by coordinating with local Energy & Industry Sales team on the projects where Hilti systems have been specified.
Support the local Energy & Industry Sales team in driving reverse specification or other technical aspects on site
Lead to increase Hilti share of wallet in the accounts’ projects and ultimately integrate Hilti’s technologies /application in the account standards
Be as primary Hilti contact and negotiator for the accounts and initiate the relation with the high management level of the accounts
Accountable for relationship management to external & internal partners related to the accounts strategy to support the E&I Business
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or above in Engineering (preferably in Structural / Civil Engineering)
- More than 5 years working experience in large projects, understanding the concept of capture plans and project management cycle
- Strong technical background, capable of understanding technical topics and creating action plans
- Strong application knowledge in Oil & Gas and Offshore projects
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring transparent and effective exchange between relevant teams and ability to coach the frontline teams
- Strong business acumen, understand the opportunities and make right decisions (eg. about pricing, focus applications, service offering, etc)
- Team player with customer orientation
- Distinctive, proactive and communicative personality who likes to work in an international team
- Willing to be placed in Mumbai, and willing to travel frequently